100 Days of Holiday Inspiration-Mummy Pumpkins-97 Days & Counting

Holiday Countdown 2012


100 Days of Crafts, Gifts & More

97 Days till Christmas

64 Days till Thanksgiving

42 days till Halloween

If you have noticed a delay in the posts I apologize.  I have several blogs ready to go and "scheduled" to be published each day at a certain time.  However, it hasn't worked so far so my apologies.

On to the next craft!

Another cute idea I found somewhere online (sorry-brain freeze and I can't find my reference) was to turn pumpkins in to cute "mummies".  This is another extremely easy project and inexpensive.  The kids will love helping you make these.

Supplies:
Pumpkin (real or fake)
Gauze
Google Eyes
Glue of your choice









Start with one end of the gauze and apply some glue or even double sided sticky tape.  Start wrapping from the bottom and around, and around, and around.  There is no exact science to this one, be as creative as you wish!  It is a good idea to start and stop at the bottom of the pumpkin so you keep that part hidden.

Now, decide where you want the eyes peeking out and glue them in place.




The pumpkin I used is another one from the Dollar Store, and the gauze was around $2 at Wally World.  The google eyes we keep on hand for various craft projects, but they are easily found at any craft store for just a couple of dollars.

Here are the 3 pumpkins we made with ribbon and gauze this weekend.  Cute display and less than about $10 in all of them total.  I think we will be doing some more of these soon!



 
I would love to hear if you have tried any of the ideas above or in previous blogs I have posted.  Please comment away and if you have a link to photos on your own blog or site make sure to post the link and I will pop on over and take a visit!

Tomorrow check back for creative TP Pumpkins and Jack O Lanterns.

Until next time...

G'nite!

Amy~The Dixie Diva







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning