100 Days of Holiday Inspiration-Boo Banner-92 Days & Counting

Holiday Countdown 2012

100 Days of Crafts, Gifts & More

 
 
Hey everyone!  Getting in to the fall spirit yet?  We are having so much fun getting ready for Halloween.  We can't wait until next week when we get to go to the "Pumpkin Patch" at a local church. Every year the youth group sets up in front of their church with some of the prettiest pumpkins around to sell.  I love to buy from them because all funds go to the youth missions.  Each year I take my kids there and let them pick out all the smaller pumpkins, the ones perfect to paint.  I typically come home with the entire trunk of my car full.  Then we cover the bar counter or floor with newspaper and I set out paints, glitter, glue and rhinestones, anything we have on hand for decorating.  The kids love it and it has become a yearly tradition for us.
 
This next craft is one that could be incorporated into any of the upcoming holidays.  A simple and cut banner.  First your supplies:
 
 
Pick our some scrapbook paper to match your theme.  This one is Halloween.  I also used my trusty Creative Memories cutting tools and precut letters. 

 
The letters I had were not the right color, so I traced them on to the color I wanted and cut them out.  However, if you have a Cricut I'm sure you have a faster route than I did. 

 
I cut out my background in the shape I wanted and then cut out my new letters and affixed them with scrapbooking tape.

 
Next I took some yarn and began taping the whole pieces to it for my banner.

 
And there you have it!  Cute and perfect for my son's bedroom door.  The "thank you so much mommy!" was reward enough in itself.
 
Come up with your own creative saying for each holiday and make it just long enough for a door, or an entire wall.  This would also be great to spell out Happy Birthday and could be made to match your theme.
 
Please let me know what you think, I would love to hear from you!
 
What are your favorite fall traditions?
 
Until Next time in our Holiday Countdown...
 
G'nite!
 
Amy ~ The Dixie Diva
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning