Pattern Review-The Little Lizard King

Pattern Review Wednesdays are going to be where I talk about and review one of my favorite pattern makers and the outfits made from their patterns.  These patterns are my preferred method of dress making.  The directions are always clear and have photos of most all the steps.  Stress free sewing!  The best part about these patterns and what makes them stand out from store bought ones, is that you can use the same pattern OVER AND OVER again for MULTIPLE sizes.  No more worrying about cutting (or tearing) a tissue thin pattern and not being able to use it for the other sizes listed.


I love to give credit where credit is due.  Some may say I shouldn't give out my sources, but the ladies that make the beautiful patterns for the dresses we make deserve some love too.  We all start out somewhere and need a little encouragement to get there.  The patterns that I am reviewing are hand created by other moms for all to purchase.  Their talent is endless and I love to see what they come up with next.


Today I want to give a shout out to The Little Lizard King.  I have 3 of her patterns so far and I enjoy making each one of them.  She even has instructions for making 18" doll clothing!


First up is the Catie Halter Dress.  This has to be the easiest and quickest dress or top to make.  30 minutes at the most is what it takes me to make one.  She gives very clear instructions to make this as a tie behind the neck style or criss crossing the straps through a front button hole. There are even instructions with this pattern to make her decorative front flower.  It is quite lovely as a top or a dress, and can be worn alone or with a long sleeve tee underneath.  There's also a matching doll pattern included!






The Brooke Dress is a peasant style top with multiple sleeve options.  This was my #1 pick during the holidays.  Pair it with some ruffle pants and you have an adorable boutique outfit that is high in fashion and comfort.  It is plenty rooy, allowing room for growth where your little one can get (in most cases) multiple seasons out of it.  This is also the same top I made for my daughters birthday that you saw in this post.  








The Little Lauren Dress is my latest pick from Little Lizard King.  It is so adorable.  You can make a ruffle at the neckline and the base as big or small as you would like.  I love this style of neckline, and it fits very nicely.  I have made 2 of these so far but I plan to make many more to come.  It's also one I made for my daughter at Easter with the DIY leggings revamp.  






Please go visit her website to see all the great patterns she has to offer.  I already have my eye on several more of her patterns to try out.  These instructions are very clear with plenty of photos to demonstrate her technique.  


Visit my website to view more of the dresses I make or my Facebook page.  Custom orders are always welcome!  If you would like to order a dress for your little girl, I will be happy to make you one (and my prices are very reasonable :-)  Please send me a message on Facebook or comment below.

What do you think of The Little Lizard King patterns?  Have you tried any as well?  Let me know, I would love to hear from you!


Until Tomorrow...


G'nite!


Amy~The Dixie Diva

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning