Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Mother's Day!

I woke up this morning (late) for church and had to hustle to get myself and 2 sleepy heads ready and out the door.  I knew my oldest wouldn't be a problem as she jumped right up to see how much the tooth fairy had left her for tooth #4 that she lost yesterday (after working on the blasted thing all day, making me all but sick to look at it as it wiggled and stuck out at un-gravitational angles).

I've locked myself in the bathroom to try and get ready, yelling "get dressed and leave the cat ALONE!", when my daughter bursts through the door and says: "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!"  So I couldn't fuss at the intrusion, it was a pleasant unexpected surprise.

Fast forward to the ride home from church.  My youngest, out of the blue, says "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!"  So sweet from my little 4 year old.  Then, both children start making up their own offbeat Mother's Day songs and singing them as loudly as possible to out do the other.  Eating dinner at my mother in law's house, my daughter says: "Guess what we did for mommy for Mother's Day?  We drove her CRAZY!" and falls into hysterical laughter.  Yep, pretty close.  But the fact that they both told me, at separate times without an adult telling them to do so, was quite possibly the best Mother's Day gift yet.

We finally get home and the mother skills are put to test.  I start making more Kool Aid that I had let run out, then realize the towels are still in the washer from last night and need to be transferred to the dryer.  While rushing between kitchen and laundry room, my daughter starts asking for a pencil to be sharpened and little man yells "I'm doooooone!" (which is code for I've gone #2 and need your help-however I will not complain because he only starting going this route with the potty about 4 weeks ago, so I'll take it!).

I made him not 1, but 3 cups of watered down Kool Aid and put them in the fridge where he can reach them himself.  Now when he yells-"Fill up my cup!", I can send him to the fridge and I can keep my happy tail right here on the couch with my laptop and Wii remote watching Private Practice on Netflix.

Ha, ha.  I've had to get up 4 times since trying to type this post.  But, I wouldn't have it any other way, would you?

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  I hope your day is blessed, crazy and as loud as mine...because as long as it is, that means they are still young enough to be home and we are loved.

Amy~The Dixie Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning