Manic Monday & Storms

It was harder than normal to get up this morning with all the rain we were getting.  My lucky hubby was off today and got to enjoy a lazy morning, but after having to work all weekend he deserved it.  Would be nice if that would happen on my day off!

Tonight I had to replace a needle in my serger for the first time.  It broke Saturday night while I was trying to finish Mother's Day gifts (procrastinate much??).  I ended up in the after church rush to buy gifts since I did not get to finish the cute bags and key chains I had planned.

Once I finally figured out the right way to put the need in place, it was back to business on a larger than normal custom order.  All while trying to get the kids to clean there rooms.  I heard to bottom drop out from the sky as a second round of storms were upon us.  I checked to see if my poor hubby was still stuck on the lawnmower but thankfully he got under the carport of his parents next door.  It was pounding against the house.

Once the rain paused I went outside to inspect.  The sky took on a strange hue as dark clouds began to circulate over the lighter clouds.

The tornado siren went off.

Inside I went, stating matter-of-factly to the kids: "Get your shoes, blanket and stuffed animal.  The storm siren went off."

No panic.  We've done this many of times and even if I have to wake them in the middle of the night they know I mean business and it is the one time they do EXACTLY as I say without question.  We live in a doublewide mobile home that was set up and finished like a site built home, but my hubby's parents live next door and have a full basement.  This is our drill.  So far we have been very fortunate and the storms always miss...but we will always heed their warnings.

The stormy weather is upon us, so it's time to get everything in check.  This week I will compile an up to date list of what we do to prepare for bad weather.  I will share this with you one day this week in place of a regular post.  While I know this may not be craft related in any way, I think it is something we should all be planning for.

Until then, stay dry and stay safe.  I'd love to hear from you and your Manic Monday!

G'nite!

Amy~The Dixie Diva

P.S.  Yes, I know it is now Tuesday!  I have been trying since last night to upload this post but the internet keeps crashing on me.  Looks like we may get another round tonight.  Stay safe everyone!

Comments

  1. wow, so glad the storm missed! I use to dream of tornadoes as a child even though we didn't live in an area that had them. I'd be grabbing my stuffed animal too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been fascinated by wild weather and I love watching all the weather chasers on tv. Bad weather doesn't usually bother me, but when it comes to the safety of my kiddos I take all precautions necessary! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope this Monday runs smoothly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully this one is done! Working for the weekend!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning