100 Days of Holiday Inspiration-DIY Angel Ornament-49 Days & Counting

I saw a cute little idea of making an angel out of a small wood bead and a Hershey kiss, and a brainstorm started.  I started sorting through all my Christmas decor until I found exactly what I was looking for: bell garland.

Let's get started, shall we?

Supplies:
 
1" round wood bead
Dollar Tree Bell Garland
Hot Glue Gun
Pipe Cleaners
Scissors

 
Clip a bell off of the garland strip.

Take the wood bead and work it on to the tip of the bell.
 
Make sure you get the bead with the larger hole.

 
Next, take a pipe cleaner and make a loop on one end, about 1 1/2" in size.
 
Take the other side and make a matching loop.  Wrap the loose in around the middle a couple of times-but leave some extra.
 


Take another pipe cleaner and shape a smaller loop on one end, then bend it 90 degrees.


 
 
Take and wrap this piece around the wings.  Also notice I bent the wings in some (like a heart) to give it more shape.
 
 
Wrap a few times.

 
Now, position and hot glue in place.
  

 
See how I took the extra pipe cleaner and made a hook?  I can hang it straight on the tree.



 
These would be even cuter with silver or gold sparkly garland.
 
Please let me know if you try these and how yours turn out!
 
"That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works." Psalm 26:7
 
Today I am thankful for my right to vote.  I am also thankful this election is over and we can move on to the happy times of the holidays upon us!
 
Until next time...
G'nite!
Amy~The Dixie Diva
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning