Pattern Review-The Lily Bird Studio

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Hi Everyone!

If you are stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party 2012 through 5 Minutes For Mom, THANK YOU!  Make sure you comment with your blog link so I can follow along with you as well.

Pattern Review Wednesdays are going to be where I talk about and review one of my favorite pattern makers and the outfits made from their patterns.  These patterns are my preferred method of dress making.  The directions are always clear and have photos of most all the steps.  Stress free sewing!  The best part about these patterns and what makes them stand out from store bought ones, is that you can use the same pattern OVER AND OVER again for MULTIPLE sizes.  No more worrying about cutting (or tearing) a tissue thin pattern and not being able to use it for the other sizes listed.

This week I have chosen to start with Cecilia at The Lily Bird Studio.  All her patterns are in PDF format and you can save them right to your computer.  I have purchased and made dresses with 3 of her patterns and they are so easy to follow.  Her templates are spot on and color coded for easy cutting.  Here are the 3 I have made:

Tianna Dress

I had a custom order for a size 6 month dress to commemorate a retiring police officer.  I took the pattern and figured in adding a custom band to the middle, and the side buttons make this so easy to take on and off.  The templates show you right where to add the buttons and button holes precisely.  There is an optional ruffle strip for the center that you can customize any way you like.  Size ranges from 0-24mth.



Adorable!

A-Line Dress

Super simple and super cute.  I think this took me a half an hour at the most to make.  This A-Line dress has  one button on the back that has a loop closure.  I thought this kind of closure would be tricky but Cecilia makes the explanation and details very clear.  This pattern is great for a beginner to an expert.  The style is timeless and can be made to wear in so many different ways.  Pattern ranges in sizes from 12mth-8yr.


The Pink Dress

I believe this is my favorite of all the patterns I have.  It is definitely the most requested dress patterns from my clients.  It has a circle neck that ties on one side, and it is great to use the neck line and hem line with contrasting fabric.  The very first time I made this dress, it took me about 5 hours. It was also Sunday afternoon and I had 2 wild children running through the house demanding my attention.  Now, I can usually make this one from start to finish (cutting included) in about an hour.  I have the pattern pieces already cut and ready for each size and almost have the directions memorized.  I LOVE THIS DRESS.  The really great thing about this dress (and the ones above), is they can be worn all year round with the adding of tights and a turtleneck or long sleeve shirt.  Sizes 12mth-8yr.  Here are a few I have made:





If you are looking to make your own dresses or tops, please stop by The Lily Bird Studio to view all her patterns.  You will not be disappointed!

Visit my website to view more of the dresses I make or my Facebook page.  Custom orders are always welcome!  If you would like to order a dress for your little girl, I will be happy to make you one (and my prices are very reasonable :-)  Please send me a message on Facebook or comment below.

What do you think of The Lily Bird Studio patterns?  Have you tried any as well?  Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

Next up-Stash Bash!

Amy~The Dixie Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning