Little Girl's Sleep Over Party ~ Tuesday

The little Diva in the house is getting really excited for her sleep over this week.  We've spent hours pining on Pinterest to get ideas.  One of her favorites was decorating water bottles with duck tape.  A very inexpensive and creative idea to customize for your party.  Here is our version:

Her theme was to be pink and black, so I thought she would pick the zebra print like the one on Pinterest, but she liked this one better.  They turned out really cute.

I've also been brainstorming for a way to display cake pops at the party.  I've searched pinterest and party sites, but nothing really stood out.  As I was cleaning up my craft area I came across an empty wipes container.  I always save them, they make great storage containers for craft supplies, hotwheels and many other nick nacks.  After a little more thought I decided to cover it in fabric, fill it with some decorative stones (to weight it down) and stuff a green floral block in it.


I'll do a final blog showing how it all falls together :)

And finally for today, here's a pic of the invitaion we put together.

I took 12 x 12 card stock and cut in to fours, decorated with scrapbooking stickers I had on hand and let my daughter decorate the back of each one.

Here's the great thing about Monday's post and today's post:  most of it was FREE!  Everything from the first post was made with craft supplies I had on hand (I love scrapbooking) and aside from the water bottles today's were made with items on hand or upcycled items in my home.  The water was $1.88 at Wal-Mart for a 12 pack and the duck tape was about $3.50 (plus I have enough of it left for future crafts).

Over the next few days I'll be working on candy pretzels, candy melts, making the icing and creating the table and back drop.  Check back tomorrow to see which one is next!

G'nite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning