Little Girl's Sleep Over Party ~ Thursday & Friday

Thursday was more about getting the house cleaned than anything, but I did manage to get a few more party things accomplished.  I made the home made icing and put it in the fridge for Friday, coloring part of it and giving it a chance to set up and become a brighter pink.  I also decorated the table and wall but neglected to get picutes as I was going, but final pictures are coming below.
I got the idea for the streamers and balloons on the wall from this link on Pinterest.  I used tacky finger to secure everything to the wall, which keeps the wall from getting damaged.  Unfortunately the tacky finger was blue, and it showed through.  Easy fix.  I took the same polka dot duck tape I used on the water bottles and ran a strip across the top of the boarder and the table cloth.  I used a matching table cloth to hang on the wall; I didn't think my green wall flowed well ;-)


When I got off work Friday, I had 2 hours until the guests arrived...and then 2 came a half hour early.  I was still getting everything to the table when 5 hungrey little girls were starting to attack.  I made home made pizza rolls from a recipe on Pinterest (that I have used many times), cup cakes, cake poppers (my first attempt with icing and they don't look as good as I had planned-but they were still yummy), a snack mix of Buggles, Gold Fish, and Gold Fish Mix ups.  You will also see the pretzels sticks and flower suckers I made in the picture as well. 




Finally we had ice cream.  I scooped it out ahead of time and placed in cup cake wrappers and refroze them.  When they were ready, I put the ice cream in to the remaining plastic wine glasses I had purchased for the party tray craft.

All and all I think the girls had a great time.  We had home made waffles and muffins for breakfast and now my 2 precious babies are sacked out in the middle of the living room floor.  I think this Dixie Diva is going to curl up on the couch and do the same.



I hope our party ideas inspire someone to do the same!  Please comment or share a link to your own party ideas, I'd love to see what you come up with!

G'nite!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning