Craft Fair Set Up

Happy TGIF y'all!

We have one more week of school here, and hopefully things will settle down and I can find my groove again.  This week we have been re cooperating from the past two weeks.  I saw that my home town was doing a festival on Memorial Day and the proceeds were to benefit 3 local families that have children battling different forms of cancer.  I decided (at the last minute) to be a vendor.  When I signed up I thought I had plenty of time until Memorial Day, but I really didn't.  So began the frantic dash to prepare.  Here's what I did to set up my booth, and kept things very inexpensive.

First, I have really been wanting a good way to display my bows and new key chains I had made.  The little stand my father in law made ended up not being big enough.  I wanted my hubby to make me a stand, but there wasn't enough time.  However it's on the "honey-do" list now.  For the time being, I went to good old Wal-Mart and bought tri fold display boards.  You can find these where you find poster board, and they have all different sizes.  These were less than $2.50 each.

For my bows, I took some ribbon and wrapped it up/down the boards, securing by overlapping in the back and hot gluing in place.  Then all I had to do was fasten the bows on the ribbon and viola!



For the second board, I had some heavy duty magnets that came in perfect for my key chains.  Some of the magnets were an odd shape and some were too thick to use in any of my everyday crafting, so I had no use of them before now.  I hot glued the first row, placing a key chain on one to determine my space, and kept adding more.  I even gave myself room to display some necklaces I had made.



Obviously I could have added more magnets, but I tried to use just what i had on hand.

These worked out pretty good, except when the wind picked up it knocked them over.  I had to brace them from behind with my crates of ribbon I brought with me.  I used the sides of my tent to display my dresses and tutus, but when an unexpected down pour came I was rushing to get them all down.  Here are some more photos of the set up.





I threw this together in less than 2 weeks.  I had no intentions of doing another booth until this fall, so I was completely unprepared.  On my to do list for any future shows:


  1. Buy at least 2 more tables.  The one in the photo is my main crafting/measuring table that belonged to my Granny.  It goes everywhere with me.
  2. Get my hubby to help build me some nice display boards.  I would really like try fold, but I'm trying to decide:  Add short nails and hang everything, or cover with magnets/ribbon again.  Any advice?
  3. Make my own table covers.  I used the 97 cent ones from Wal-Mart and taped them in place for this.
  4. I will have a LOT more stock ready to take.
  5. Weights for table covers and tent if doing an outside event.  Last fall I did one and had to go buy some gallon waters at a local gas station (pricey) and tie rope from them to the tent as it was very windy.
I had a really great time at this venue, meeting new friends and see old friends.  It was a very touching day being there to remember a sweet little girl who gained her angel wings in April, supporting another young lady who was diagnosed late winter with A.L.L. Leukemia, and then finding out the young man being supported is the son of a high school classmate. All proceeds from vendor spots along with numerous other booths and donations were split between the families.  I'm glad to know I was able to help in some small way, and that prayer from all of us will help the families more than anything.

I would love to hear from you about my booth set up.  Have you ever had a craft vendor booth?  What are some of your do's and don'ts?

Until next time folks....

G'nite!

Amy~The Dixie Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning