We have one more week of school here, and hopefully things will settle down and I can find my groove again. This week we have been re cooperating from the past two weeks. I saw that my home town was doing a festival on Memorial Day and the proceeds were to benefit 3 local families that have children battling different forms of cancer. I decided (at the last minute) to be a vendor. When I signed up I thought I had plenty of time until Memorial Day, but I really didn't. So began the frantic dash to prepare. Here's what I did to set up my booth, and kept things very inexpensive.
First, I have really been wanting a good way to display my bows and new key chains I had made. The little stand my father in law made ended up not being big enough. I wanted my hubby to make me a stand, but there wasn't enough time. However it's on the "honey-do" list now. For the time being, I went to good old Wal-Mart and bought tri fold display boards. You can find these where you find poster board, and they have all different sizes. These were less than $2.50 each.
For my bows, I took some ribbon and wrapped it up/down the boards, securing by overlapping in the back and hot gluing in place. Then all I had to do was fasten the bows on the ribbon and viola!
Obviously I could have added more magnets, but I tried to use just what i had on hand.
These worked out pretty good, except when the wind picked up it knocked them over. I had to brace them from behind with my crates of ribbon I brought with me. I used the sides of my tent to display my dresses and tutus, but when an unexpected down pour came I was rushing to get them all down. Here are some more photos of the set up.
I threw this together in less than 2 weeks. I had no intentions of doing another booth until this fall, so I was completely unprepared. On my to do list for any future shows:
- Buy at least 2 more tables. The one in the photo is my main crafting/measuring table that belonged to my Granny. It goes everywhere with me.
- Get my hubby to help build me some nice display boards. I would really like try fold, but I'm trying to decide: Add short nails and hang everything, or cover with magnets/ribbon again. Any advice?
- Make my own table covers. I used the 97 cent ones from Wal-Mart and taped them in place for this.
- I will have a LOT more stock ready to take.
- Weights for table covers and tent if doing an outside event. Last fall I did one and had to go buy some gallon waters at a local gas station (pricey) and tie rope from them to the tent as it was very windy.