That Thing Called Life....It Happens

So I had this fantastic plan to do "100 Craft/Gift Ideas for Christmas" in the 100 days leading up to the big day.  That thing called life happened.

Husband got sick, cheer/football started, craft fair, county fair, I got sick, ect, ect.  Like a lot of things we do, we start with such good intentions but then things happen and guess what?  We're human.

So instead I am going to show you some of the things I've been working on and when I can, I'll show you tutorials.  Any patterns that I purchase I won't be able to give you the how to, but I can tell you where you'll find it.  I'm all about home/hand made everything.  You don't have to be a pro, just a little creativity and if you don't have that don't worry.  There's plenty of inspiration out there to get you started.

Now, I'll leave you with this (before I have to go referee the kiddo's).  For homecoming week at my daughter's school they gave the kids a theme for each day.  The first one was to wear a shirt or hat showing your favorite team.  Of course we had nothing on hand for our daughter so off to buy fabric I went.  Check out our little Tennessee Vol girl :)


This is made from a pattern I got on one of my all time fave sites http://www.youcanmakethis.com/ and the pattern is The Pink Dress by Lily Bird Studio.  LOVE this dress pattern. It puts a new twist on the Pillow Case Dress. Now the first time I made it, I worked on it all Sunday afternoon.  But it was a new pattern and my 3 and 6 yr olds were going at it non stop. 
I can tell you one thing about it that I did different.  When I unfolded my fabric, I realized that with the way the fabric was laid out, I didn't have enough for the length of the dress.  So what I lacked for it, I just added to the bottom band.  The same can be done with lots of patterns, even one that doesn't call for a bottom contrast band.

Ok, that's it for today but I promise to keep these more regular...lol!

G'nite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning