100 Days of Holiday Inspiration-Ribbon Pumpkin-98 Days & Counting

Holiday Countdown 2012
100 Days of Crafts, Gifts & More
98 Days till Christmas
65 Days till Thanksgiving
43 days till Halloween
Ribbon Pumpkins
I found the idea for these from a Michaels' pin on Pinterest.  Their version was to take pumpkins and wrap in decorative paper and tie some tulle on the stem.  I did mine slightly different.
First, check out your local Dollar Store for great decorating help.  Seriously you will be amazed with how inexpensive things are.  (You'll see me referencing them a lot in this series.)  I found these super cute "carveable" pumpkins there.  Supposedly you can carve them like a real pumpkin but that's not what I had in mind.
A craft group I am in posted a Craft Wars challenge to re-create a decorative item using certain ribbon.  I decided to make these Michaels' inspired pumpkins using ribbon instead of paper.


I snagged several of these to decorate.

Next I took my ribbon and measured around the pumpkin to see how much I would need and then cut out the ribbon I wanted to use.


I used double sided tape and lined the back of the ribbon and then began to wrap around the pumpkin.


Easy peasy!  Here's another.


I have one more of these to decorate that I will be showing you tomorrow.  Really cute and great for the kids to help out with.  You can use these ideas on real pumpkins too, but I went with artificial so I can use them year after year.

Until next time....

G'nite!

Amy~The Dixie Diva







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning