Teacher Gifts-Orange You Glad it's Summer?

I really wanted to make sure we sent end of the year gifts to all the teachers my two kiddos had before school let out, but financially I just couldn't figure out what to do.  I have a great board on Pinterest called Teacher Gifts filled with all kinds of lovely and cute ideas.  However, I just couldn't afford to do most of them.  This being on a lay off from work and now being a mom to three has really put a damper on the budget.  I knew I could make something work though, and I did.

The one idea I kept coming back to was the "Orange You Glad It's Summer?"  I looked and looked for orange bags and could not find anything.  I couldn't even find an orange gift bag!  Finally I found my inspiration: ORANGE FELT.  For only 27 cents a sheet.  Here is what I came up with.


 Felt, ribbon, and sewing machine.

 Simply fold the felt in half and stitch up the sides.


 If you want a more open bottom, form a triangle on each end and stitch across.


 Stitch ribbon in place on each side.

 Time to fill them up!


 We went with everything orange.


 
 
Total cost for 4:
 
Felt 4 @ .27 = 1.08
Orange Crush 12 pack = 3.00
Box of cheese crackers = 2.88
12 pack of Reese Cups = 1.78
Tic Tacs 4 @ 1.00 = 4.00
Nail Polish 4 @ 1.00 = 4.00
 
Total = 16.74
 
Comes out to just over $4 for each one!  Completely affordable, totally easy and a cute, unique gift!  These were a hit with their teachers and I am so glad I found a solution without breaking the piggy bank.
 
Hope you all are having a great summer!  I would love to see your teacher gift ideas.  Please feel free to include a link in the comments.
 
Until next time,
 
Amy~The Dixie Diva
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning